David, the author of BIBLE EXPOSITION nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award – it is more of a nod than an award – and given the unsought and wonderful opportunity to learn more about some of the other worthy — and sometimes underappreciated — Christian bloggers who pour their effort, thoughts, and prayers into making spiritually encouraging and beneficial content for the whole world.
I was truly humbled when I read what he wrote about my blog:
Barb Hegreberg at My Life in Our Father’s World has a truly unique blog as she shares her faith and pursuit of becoming a jail and prison chaplain. Her blogs really are about living life in our Father’s world, and she brings together a unique blend of “readings” and “thoughts” that build up, encourage, and enlighten our faith in all kinds of interesting ways as she strives to “show people Christ” in her everyday life.
I decided to give the same blessing to some of the blogs that I follow.
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Answer the questions provided by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate other bloggers and ask them some questions of your own.
- Notify the nominees by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post.
MY RESPONSES TO DAVID’S QUESTIONS
- Describe a moment of grace in your life. — My husband & I went through a rough patch a few years ago but instead of giving up on me, he chose to do The Love Dare and fight for our marriage.
- What most reminds you of Christ in your daily life? — Every time that I begin to feel discouraged or confused regarding the direction of my life, God shows up in some amazing way and clears things up.
- Favorite Hymn — Amazing Grace
- Christian book that you would recommend — My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers
- What motivates you to blog? — God tells me what topics to tackle & what stories to write. The original project was to write short entries of EXACTLY 100 words for 100 days. I didn’t always follow the rules & sometimes combined 2 Days and wrote 200 words. When I got to Day 83, I began my training to be a jail/prison chaplain & kind of dropped the ball. I have since decided to allow myself the freedom to post at irregular intervals & to write until God tells me I am done.
- What Scripture(s) comfort you most in sorrow? — And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28 & But Jesus looked at them and said to them, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26
- What Scripture(s) fill you the most with the awe of God? — When God uses fallen & imperfect people to carry out his perfect plan, it reminds me that he uses me to share his love with others each and every day.
- What would you like to change about your life? — I want to continue on my weight loss journey and to truly take care of this body that God has given me.
- Who was the most influential person in your life (outside of Biblical characters)? — My grandparents exhibited God’s love in all they did. Their examples of godly marriages and caring for other more than themselves shaped me into who I am today.
- What is your favorite food? — I LOVE pasta!
- What’s your favorite Bible Version? — NASB & NKJ
- The Godly Chic Diaries – Her blog is always fresh and seems to arrive in my inbox a the exact moment when I need her brand of encouragement or a kick in the fanny.
- Unashamed of Jesus — This blog is a mixture of short & long entries as well as simple slides containing scripture, GIFs and YouTube messages. This blog truly has something for everyone who is “unashamed of their relationship with Jesus.
- Carey Nieuwhof writes to church leaders and the global church in a detailed and frank manner that should motivate us all to be better leaders.
- Compassionate & Gracious — Where do I start? She is a blogger, pastor, author, adjunct professor & so much more. Her writing has inspired me to be better…to do better…to be all God wants me to be.
- Heaths in South Africa — Follow this missionary family as they serve our Lord in South Africa
- Wholly of Holies — This blog focuses on understanding the Old Testament in ways that we never have before. I look forward to the next installment of her Matriarchs of Genesis series.
- Sacred Cynicism – The subtitle is “Occasional musings from a mind infected with cynicism and hope.” He is also an author, pastor and avid golfer.
- Doing Time — This blog focuses on everyday conversations with strangers and his interactions as a jail/prison chaplain.
- RRuiz1689 — If you enjoy historical perspective, this blog will give you lots to think about.
MY QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINEES
- Why did you start blogging?
- What are your spiritual gifts & how do you use them?
- If you could spend the day with a hero of the faith, who would it be? Why?
- Are you more comfortable teaching children or adults?
- How do you feel God’s presence in your daily life?
- Do you write other things besides your blog?
- What is your favorite hymn or Christian song?
- Which Christian holiday is the most important to you? Why?
- Do you prefer savory or sweet treats?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go? Why?