7 Ways To Defeat The Enemy!
Date: December 19, 2019
The devil is roaming around like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. Right from the time of Adam’s disobedience, the enemy has been walking to and fro, in the earth seeking to disrupt God’s work in the life of man. Nevertheless, God has been merciful; He has been and will continue to be faithful in what He has promised to us — HE IS ABLE TO KEEP ALL THAT HAS BEEN COMMITTED IN HIS HANDS, UNTIL THE END.
However, how can we defeat the devil from working against us?
1. Through the Name of Jesus – And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; Mark 16:17
2. By submitting ourselves to God and then resisting the devil – Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. James 4:7
3. By confessing the Blood of Jesus – And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. Revelation 12:11
4. Through the word of their testimony – If we love our life more than God, He will defeat us. But by being willing to suffer for the Lord, e can defeat him. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. Revelation 12:11
5. By putting on the whole armour of God – God has given us 7 armour which e we need to be wearing at all times. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. Ephesians 6:11
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Ephesians 6:13-17
6. By being steadfast in faith, and not wavering – Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world. 1 Peter 5:9
7. Not giving place to the devil – Neither give place to the devil. Ephesians 4:27
May God help us.
A note from Barb: Be especially viglient this holiday season. Your loved ones who are prone to depression can easily slip further down that slippery slope to suicide. Also, when we relax & let our guard down, the enemy can sneak through the cracks of this Joyus time & wreak havoc on even the stongest of relationships.