I was chosen by Temi of Oasis in Jesus Christ to participate in the 10 of My Favorite Things Tag. I just love the subtitle of Temi’s blog. “God offers you a resting place in His luxurious love. An Oasis awaits when you let go and let God.” It gives me such peace just think about the “oasis of God’s love”. Thank you for inviting me to participate.
Since I have done this tag a few times I have decided to go a different way and list some things that I enjoy doing for others.
- Sending a handwritten note, just because.
- Making a favorite meal or dessert
- Surprising a friend by doing laundry or other chores when they are out of town.
- A quick text, email or phone call
- Helping with set-up &/or clean-up of an event
- Intercessory prayer
- Picking up a cup of coffee for a coworker
- A quick hug or touch on the shoulder
- Sending care packages with surprises tucked inside
- Finding the perfect gift on sale
If you struggle in the area of serving others with a joyful heart or are a bit timid about putting yourself out there, I urge you to pray and ask God how you can do one random act of kindness today. Continue that prayer every day until serving others becomes second nature to you. You will be amazed at the things you can accomplish when God is on the planning committee.
I won’t be nominating anyone specifically but I do encourage you to continue to cultivate you servant heart and share with your blogiverse what God is doing through you.