In this 7-week study, each week is laid out in an identical manner. By starting with an overview/introduction week you can easily make it an 8-week study.
Each week flows like this:
- Read the passage for the week over several times until it becomes familiar.
- Review the setting and how the passage is organized.
- Observe the realities in the passage.
- How does this passage fit in to the Bible as a whole?
- How does this passage apply to us today?
Our group began the study with an overview/introduction week and watched Overview: Ephesians by BibleProject, “A nonprofit animation studio helping people experience the Bible as a unified story that leads to Jesus.” BibleProject.com is a GREAT resource.
Each week our leader keyed on on the highlights of the chapter for our discussion. Because of the way the book is laid out, your group can figure out what best works for you.