Have you ever noticed that sometimes one decision leads to a whole host of new choices?
It has been a couple of years since I read through the whole Bible (I used a Bible Gateway Plan) and 2021 seemed like the perfect time to do so again.
That was the easy part. Now to choose a reading plan. Or maybe, I could just wing it….No, that is NOT a good idea!
How do you decide what type of reading plan you will choose. There are so many options….
- Old Testament
- New Testament
- Whole Bible
- One Year
- Two Year
- An App
- Via Email
- On Your Own
- With Your Spouse or Other Person
- With or Without a Journal
I’m sure that I left some options of the list, but you get the point…It can be quite overwhelming.
At the end of the day I settled on two Whole-Bible-in-a-Year plans. I like different aspects of each so I created my own hybrid plan (sort of).
1) From YouVersion I am reading OWNit365 Whole Bible Plan . In this plan I love the audio reading of the scripture and the variety of translations available. This plan also is structured as a 6-day plan where the 7th day can be used to catch up on an readings that were missed during the week.
2) From BibleProject I get a weekly email entitled One Story That Leads to Jesus. Each email leads the reader to:
- A weekly blog post
- Daily scripture readings
- Daily videos from the BibleProject library
- Reflections Podcast
Have you ever read through the Bible in a year? What plan did you use? What did you like about that plan? What did you dislike about it?
Even if you’re not using any type of reading plan it is important to be reading The Word each day. May you be blessed through your quiet time in 2021.
#BGBG2 #BIBLEGATEWAYPARTNER #YOUVERSION #BIBLEPROJECT #REFLECTIONSPODCAST