I thought long & hard about hard about how to approach today’s prompt, argument. I knew that I didn’t want to share a story that could be construed as gossip. So I decided to share the following arguments that people commonly make against the validity of the Bible that I found on Biologos.org
- The Bible is full of contradictions and discrepancies.
- The Bible is full of violence, genocide, prejudice, and injustice, often commanded by God—and it’s been used by Christians to justify more violence and oppression.
- The Bible’s descriptions of nature and natural history are hopelessly at odds with science.
- The Bible was written by ancient and primitive people, and has no value to modern people anymore.
- Christians can’t even agree on what it’s saying, so who cares if it’s true or not.
I am not going to attempt to answer them in this space but if you often find yourself confronted with arguments such as these, I urge you to read the article sited above or do some study on you own.
I believe that the Bible, the whole Bible, is the inspired work of God!