A quick Google search gives us an overwhelming number of answers to the question, what is prayer?
Prayer is an open honest conversation with God. It is NOT a magical, one-sided wish list. If we are honest, I think most of us have pondered one or more of the following questions.
- Why should I pray?
- How do I pray?
- How often should I pray?
- How long should my prayers last?
- Do I have to pray out loud?
- Is writing my prayers in a journal ok?
- Will God really answer prayers?
- Is God even listening?
- How do I know when a prayer has been answered?
- Do “good” Christians hear God speaking in an audible voice?
- Is it better to pray alone or with others?
- When should I begin teaching my children about prayer?
- Do I REALLY have to pray for my enemies?
- What if God never answers my prayer for _____ ?
Dear reader, I do not have all the answers, but God does. As you ABIDE in Him He will begin to give you supernatural understanding of things that used to be “too hard” or “too confusing”. With ABIDING, comes peace, patience & understanding.
Have a blessed week!