We hear and say short Christian clichés all the time, such as “Jesus was a social justice warrior,” “Just have faith,” and “It’s not my place to judge.” These trite statements often go unquestioned. Sometimes they even substitute for truth, leading to a fragile and shallow faith. But what if a close study of these clichés could lead us to deep biblical truth?
In Unquestioned Answers, Dr. Jeff Myers rethinks ten popular Christian clichés. Through an in-depth and fresh look, Myers shares insights into these overused statements to strengthen readers’ faith and encourage them to share Jesus with others. Walk with Myers on a path to biblical truth as he explores critical topics such as social justice, faith, sin, loving others, God’s goodness, prayer, and more.
After reading this book I realize how often we make these statements instead of looking for the truth or offering genuine compassion for others. I will endeavor to avoid using any of these cliches in the future!
- “God said it; I believe it; that settles it for me.”
- “Just have faith.”
- “God will heal our land if we humble ourselves and pray.”
- “It’s just me and Jesus.”
- “Love the sinner; hate the sin.”
- “Christianity is a relationship, not a religion.”
- “Jesus was a social justice warrior.”
- “It’s not my place to judge.”
- “This world has nothing for me.”
- “God is good all the time—all the time God is good.”
I received this book FREE from the author, publisher, distributor, or other source. My only obligation is to provide a fair and honest review.