The Voyage and the Return: The Path to Self Discovery is a book for women who have been wondering, “Is this all there is?” Sharing the voices from women whose lives were turned upside down—who went through a major upheaval or a life-changing experience. They took that moment as an invitation to find out who they truly are and what is possible for them. Each one of them embarked on a voyage that took them into the unknown. And, everyone returned home with an answer to their most important question: What does my heart most long for?
The Voyage and the Return…
- is about taking the first step on your unique path to self-discovery
- is about the challenges you might face along the way
- is about trust, courage, and celebration
- is about truly living these next chapters of your life.
- is about believing that you can do this.
- is for those of you who are ready to explore your edge
- is for those of you who know it’s time
- is a manual for living an extraordinary life
This book gives you tools and stories to help you on your own journey of self-discovery.
I was honored to be asked by my friend Maggie Moore to be part of her launch team for this book. It may sound odd, but I first met Maggie at her husband’s funeral. You see, her son Collin had just joined my son’s Boy Scout Troop. Even though Collin was new to Troop 165, each of the young men donned their uniforms and attended the funeral with their family. Since that time I have watched Maggie’s transformation from Corporate Executive into a Speaker, Author, Widow Coach, Certified Grief RecoverySpecialist & Author. I am so very proud of her!
Each chapter of the book is written by a different female author and chronicles how she approached healing after a sudden and life-altering event. It is a book about the resilience of the human spirit no matter what walk of life they come from.