I love the simple strategy to handle stress/anxiety in the post below! I hope it helps you the next time things threaten to spin out of control.
I recently saw an article about a method of controlling one’s anxiety. I don’t remember where I saw it, and there are a bunch of websites that talk about it, but I will give my credit to mayoclinichealthsystem.com, because they came up first when I googled it.
Here’s the deal: Next time you are feeling anxious, try the following exercise:
Sit. Stop. Breathe>
- Notice 5 things you can see
- Notice 4 things you can touch/feel
- Notice 3 things you can hear
- Notice 2 things you can smell
- Notice 1 thing you can taste
If I was feeling anxious as I write (but let’s face it the anxiety is in hitting PUBLISH) I would use this exercise in following way:
I can see:
- My pen holder that says WRITE (a gift from a writing buddy)
- My coaster that looks like the cover of Green Eggs and Ham (A gift from my…
View original post 185 more words