Good Morning Blogiverse,
I have had some recent changes in my life that have forced me to evaluate how I spend my time.
I had to ask myself the following questions:
- How much time does this activity take daily? Weekly? Monthly?
- Does this activity honor God?
- Does this activity honor my husband?
- Is this the best use of my time?
- Is there someone else that is better suited to do this?
- Do I still enjoy it?
- Are there other things I would rather be doing?
- Are there hobbies that I have neglected to pursue this one?
- Why did I start this in the first place?
- Have I really learned to say “No” when I should?
- What has taken me so long to do this?
- Why is this even on my to-do list?
And then I did the following:
- Spent an hour (or more) cleaning out my email and unsubscribing from most of the lists that I was on.
- Gave myself permission to only participate in weekly/monthly linkups as time allows instead of stressing myself out about missing one of the 15 linkups/features that I somehow committed myself to.
- Left groups on Facebook and deleted most other social media accounts
- Decided not to set a reading goal for 2023.
- Realized that my unrealistic expectations for myself have increased.
- Am in a wait-and-see mode about choosing a WOTY for 2023.
- Felt the weight of the self-imposed “musts” lift off my shoulders.
Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. – Matthew 22:37-29 NIV
“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat, nor about your body, what you will put on. – Matthew 6:34 NIV
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. – Matthew 11:28 NIV
Through this process, I realized that God did not intend for this blog to become so all-consuming of my time. His desire was never to add more stress to my life but to give me a place to share the lessons that He was teaching me.
This does not mean that I am leaving this space altogether. However, I will not be as active as I have been. In being obedient to my Creator, I have released myself from the need to post something on a daily basis.
So, my dear blogging friends, this is not “goodbye”. It is merely, “see you soon”.