I am truly blessed.
When I started this journey of jail/prison chaplaincy in March I was not sure how it would impact my life & the lives of those around me.
God has blessed me in the following ways:
- I have a husband who fully supports this ministry.
- My children & close friends are great prayer warriors.
- Rides to class or meetings when I needed them were available.
- My church family is supportive.
- My education through Only Hope Prison Ministries is far more valuable than the cost of tuition.
- I have met some amazing people both inside & outside the prison walls that have left a permanent impression on me.
- The knowledge that we are more like those behind bars than it is comfortable to think about.
- At some facilities we are allowed to distribute Bibles, magazines & other appropriate literature. This could be costly for a volunteer, BUT God has provided all the materials that I need. The books have come directly from the publisher, a library that needed more space for other things & just yesterday the mailman delivered a box of books from my cousin David in Ohio.
God has called me to this endeavor for the foreseeable future. I am truly grateful for all who participate in this ministry; either directly by serving with me or indirectly by offering your support.
MAY GOD BLESS YOU FOR BEING OBEDIENT!