Jesus said, “I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another; just as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all people will know that you are My disciples: if you have love for one another.” – John 13:34-35 NASB
Said another way, as believers in Christ we must demonstrate that we CARE for others.
What does that look like?
- Sending a card to encourage someone who is struggling
- Take a friend to their favorite restaurant
- Pay for the coffee of the person behind you in line
- Pray for your enemies
- Rake leaves for your neighbor
- Do the grocery shopping for a shut-in
You get the point…right?
Caring for others means giving your time, talent or treasure to benefit someone other than yourself.