Have you found that you can’t read the Bible without being sent back into a painful place? Have the Scriptures been twisted to keep you in bondage?
The real Jesus wants to set you free.
In Untwisting Scriptures to Find Freedom and Joy in Jesus Christ: Book 4, Wolves, Hypocrisy, Sin Leveling, and Righteousness, Rebecca Davis addresses the accusations made against victims and survivors of abuse through words like “you’re the worst sinner you know,” “all Christians are hypocrites,” “get the log out of your own eye,” and more, examining the Scriptures behind them.
She explores harmful messages that have been delivered in the name of God by twisting the concepts of Righteousness and Wickedness, treating all sins as equal and allowing wolves to proliferate in the churches.
A toxic faith needs to be deconstructed and rebuilt on the solid foundation of the true Lord Jesus Christ. Untwisting Scriptures does this by faithfully examining word meaning, context, and the heart of God for His people. This book will untwist and present the beautiful truth of God’s Word, exposing sin where it needs to be revealed, and offering hope to those who desperately need it.
Scriptures can be untwisted. You can walk away from the spiritual abuse of “We’re All Hypocrites/Pharisees/Wolves” without losing a relationship with God.
In fact, you may just find a Jesus you never knew.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
First Thoughts: About Righteousness and Wickedness
PART 1: God’s Children Are Not Vile And Disgusting But Have Full Access to Joyful Righteousness
1. Does God Need to “Look Through the Filter of Jesus” to See His Children?
2. Are You the Prodigal Son or the Older Brother?
3. Nothing Like the Sheep Sermon to Make You Feel Stupid, Disgusting, and Useless
PART 2: We Can Recognize and Reject Sin Leveling
4. What is “Sin Leveling” and What’s Wrong With It?
5. Pronoun Trouble in Romans 2 That Can Keep the Oppressed in a Place of Bondage
6. Why “I’m the Worst Sinner I Know” Is Unbiblical
7. How Teaching Christians to Embrace “I’m the Worst Sinner I Know” Harms the Body of Christ
8. To Those Who Say All Christians Are Hypocrites
9. About That “Log in Your Own Eye”
PART 3: We Can Be Wise About Wickedness, Wolves, and Hypocrisy
10. Making Sense of the Church’s Epidemic of Abuse
11. On the Proliferation of Wolves in the Churches
12. Don’t “Err on the Side of Grace”
13. Jesus vs. the Vipers
PART 4: We Can Flourish in Our Christian Lives
14. Why “Metanoia” is So Much Greater Than “Repentance”
15. Free from Sin
16. “Look to the Cross More”: A Response to the “Gospel-Centered” Movement
This is the first book that I have read in the Untwisting Scriptures series.
I like that each chapter contains a section called “Untwisted Truth” that summarizes the main points of the chapter. While I agree with many of the conclusions in the text, there are some points that simply rub me the wrong way.
The author makes some assumptions that the reader is familiar with terms such as “blood colored glasses”, “sin leveling”, and “metanoia”. None of these terms was familiar to me.
I received this book FREE from the author, publisher, distributor, or other source. My only obligation is to provide a fair and honest review.
NOTE: The ebook will be available FREE for a limited time.